The attraction is accessible via an elevator, including the ride, shop, and cafe, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Wheelchair spaces are available on the ride from the stationary flight deck.
- Wheelchair transfers onto the ride will be assisted by our guest experience team.
- Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the building.
- Low-level counter for service at the bar in Flying Whale Cafe.
- Elevator access at ground floor levels.
- Wheel chair accessible toilets are available on the ride entrance floor.
If you have any concerns about accessibility during your visit, please feel free to contact us.
Upon arrival at FlyOver Canada, inform one of our Guest Experience Guides of any assistance you may need. We would like to make your time with us as comfortable as possible. Contact us via the form below or call +1.604.620.8455.
Getting on the ride
At its core, FlyOver Canada features an amusement ride employing chairlift-style seats that lift guests up in the air. For safety reasons, in order to board the Ultimate Flying Ride, guests using wheelchairs must be able to transfer to the ride seating by themselves or with the assistance of a companion.
Guests who are unable to transfer from their wheelchairs may still enjoy the complete FlyOver Canada experience. We invite them to view the media of the main show from their wheelchairs (which remain stationary) on the flight deck.
In such circumstances, the guest will be accompanied by one of our team members on the flight deck for the 8-minute duration of the ride. For safety reasons, companions are unable to stay in this section of the ride. Companions may choose to wait in a specially designated area, or to go on the ride in a seat next to the wheelchair viewing area. Please note, if a paying guest requests with assistance from a companion, the companion’s ticket is provided free of charge.