FlyOver Canada by Pursuit, and all operating divisions, respects your right to privacy and values our relationship with you, the individual. We recognize and appreciate that you may have provided, and over time may continue to provide us with personal information such as your name, date of birth and contact information, information relating to sales or inquiries, financial details and demographics; or indicated interest in specific travel and tourism related products. In securing this data, Pursuit respects and makes every effort to uphold your need for confidentiality. This ‘Privacy Statement’ is intended to provide clarification of how, why and what type of personal information Pursuit collects in the course our day-to-day operations.
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
- Pursuit will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those outlined below, except with your consent.
- Pursuit will make every effort to protect your personal information against loss or theft.
- Pursuit will make every effort to safeguard your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Pursuit will endeavor to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as possible for the purposes identified above.
- Pursuit will respect your request to access personal information in as timely fashion as reasonably possible.
Why We Ask for your Personal Information
We may ask for and use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To assist in delivering the products and services you have requested;
- To improve our customer satisfaction levels and maintain a responsible relationship with you;
- To understand your needs and preferences in an effort to serve you better;
- To manage and develop our business, product and service offerings;
- To satisfy regulatory obligations and legal requirements;
- To assist in issues relating to your personal safety.
How You Provide us with Personal Information
Pursuit is privileged to have been delivering exceptional travel-related services for over a century. To make this possible, there are a number of ways we gather personal information; for which the purpose, circumstances, retention and safekeeping are determined in advance. Personal information shall be retained as long as necessary to provide the services requested and fulfill all administrative requirements resulting from your request.
- By making a reservation with FlyOver Canada
- By participating in any loyalty program operated under a division of FlyOver Canada by Pursuit.
- By completing and returning customer satisfaction surveys and comment cards.
- By requesting brochures or information.
- By participating in a marketing campaign.
- By visiting our web site. As a practice, user sessions are logged but NOT linked to any personally identifiable information. Also, Pursuit websites use Google Conversion Tracking to identify sales conversions from various online campaigns. You remain anonymous unless Pursuit deems it necessary to identify you for the purpose of protecting our service, site, users, or others. General information collected includes: pages viewed, the page from which you arrive at a Pursuit site, the date and time of your page view(s), your browser type and version, the name of any files you request, length of visit, and other such non-identifiable details. This information provides Pursuit with the means to effectively evaluate information presented and improve our services to you. The only information collected that is used to identify you is that which you give voluntarily. When you submit a question or comment, you may be asked for your name and/or email address, or other information. This information is only used to process and respond to your question or comment. The personal information you submit through the web site is secure once it reaches the Pursuit server. In transit between your computer and the server; however, it may not be secure.
- By applying for employment through Pursuit website(s). As is the case with visiting our web site, the personal information you submit is secure once it reaches the Pursuit server. The only information collected that is used to identify you is that which you give voluntarily. This information is only used to process your employment application.
- By entering one of our physical locations. For security purposes, Pursuit buildings and property may be equipped with video equipment. Information collected through the use of security surveillance is secured and only used in the event an unlawful act occurs at that location.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Your name, email address or any other information you may have shared, or choose to share with us in the future, will never be sold, traded, rented, given away or used for any other purpose than to provide you with the information or services you have requested or as required by applicable law.
Pursuit may have occasion to use and disclose (including outside of Canada when reasonably necessary) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the services you have requested; this may include the disclosure of required personal information to third parties as deemed necessary to fulfill your request
- To complete necessary activities to administer those services
- To conduct research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys and evaluations (unless you have opted-out)
- To deliver requested benefit and/or product information (unless you have opted-out)
- To satisfy credit reporting and fraud checking agencies
- To satisfy debt collection agencies, if you fail to pay monies owed to Pursuit
- To provide assistance in an emergency that threatens life, health or security of an individual
- To provide government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies with information where the disclosure is required or authorized by law.
Your Choices and Accessing Additional Information
If you prefer that we do not use your personal information to alert you to special travel and tourism-related activities or marketing campaigns to increase the awareness of Pursuit and its product offerings, you may request that we remove you from all such contact lists. You may automatically ‘Unsubscribe’ to email broadcasts at any time by clicking the "Manage Subscription" or "Unsubscribe" links found at the bottom of all Pursuit email broadcasts. Follow the instructions provided to unsubscribe and be removed from our list(s). Alternatively, you may send an email to email@example.com with the word ‘REMOVE’ in the subject line. Your request will be processed upon receipt.
If you wish to opt-out of or provide us with updated information for other Pursuit communications, not related to the email campaign, you may choose to contact us directly through any of our divisions or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach us by mail at Privacy Officer, FlyOver Canada by Pursuit, 201 – 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1, Canada. Please be advised that although the withdrawal of your consent will be respected and processed immediately, it is possible you may receive promotional material that had already been scheduled prior to receipt of your withdrawal.
It is understood that if you do not notify Pursuit, we will consider you to have consented to our continued use and disclosure of your information as outlined within this Policy Statement. At all times, it is your choice whether or not you provide us with your personal information.
Access to Further Information
Pursuit is committed to protecting information under our control and has designated a Privacy Officer who ensures our compliance with regard to the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
To inquire about Pursuit’s privacy practices, provide feedback or comments or inquiry about access to your personal information, contact us.
Pursuit reserves the right to update or modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Pursuit and all of their affiliated operations assume no liability for interpretation, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. While every effort to provide clarification and further explanation of this Privacy Statement shall be made, Pursuit assume no liability for individual interpretation of this Statement.
Website Information Collection & Protection of Information
Here at Pursuit we want the online visitor and customers to feel secure and confident that when they share with us their personal information we will act in a professional and accountable manner. Throughout our website we may gather personal information in order to fill the needs of the visitor and customer. In many cases, it is to further communications, fulfill a request, or to complete a transaction. Here is a list of the technology, policies, and procedures Pursuit has in place to protect this personal information.
Information Collection & Disclosure
We receive and store any information you enter on our website. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. This information may include your full name, home address, home phone number, email address, etc. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future features for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
All information collected is solely for use by Pursuit. We will not share this information with any of our partners, suppliers, or agents unless required to satisfy the request or transaction. Also, we will not disclose email address lists for the purpose of unsolicited emails. If you choose to be a part of the Pursuit email subscription, you can at anytime select to unsubscribe to the service.
Protection of Information
Password Protection - All Pursuit web applications that deal with your personal information require a username and password to gain access. You should not divulge this username and password to anyone. You should also log off of your computer or close your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. To further secure your password, Pursuit internal agents will not know your password, but only have the ability to change it back to the default when required.
Secure Infrastructure - Our Internet infrastructure is built upon industry standard applications and databases. We have also deployed a firewall solution to further protect our website from unauthorized external access.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Site and Digital Certificates - When sending personal information, Pursuit employs the latest in Internet encryption. We use the 128-bit strong encryption method to protect this information while it is being transmitted to Pursuit. We have also deployed a Digital Certificate from VeriSign/CIBC that ensures the visitor or customer that they are connecting to Pursuit and not someone acting falsely as Pursuit. You may need to update your browser to accommodate this version of encryption.